Social media public comment policy
Anderson County Emergency Services (ACES) engages customers through many digital outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and andersoncountyes.com. Communicating with ACES through social media further enables customers to contact ACES in a direct and meaningful way.
The goal of the ACES social media pages is to be a helpful medium that is conducive to real-time discussions and useful feedback. Some of the ACES social media pages allow public interaction in the form of comments.
Please be aware that when engaging with ACES through social media, you are agreeing to:
Commenting on an ACES social media site
Anderson County Emergency Services shares information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by ACES personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos.
- Threats, personal attacks or defamatory statements.
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability.
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information.
- Comments not related to the posted topic for the ACES social media page or post.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam.
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Violate any local, state, or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful.
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
User created content
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official ACES site where the agency allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this Customer Use Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted. Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to an ACES site.
Questions or concerns
Questions or concerns regarding the Anderson County Emergency Services social media activity and/or this Customer Use Policy should be submitted to email@example.com.